Ginger is a flowering tropical plant that grow in warm climate zones such as Africa,India, China and others. The root of ginger plant is well-known as a spice and flavoring. In some traditional communities in Africa, it is considered as a remedy for curing diseases.
Some types of ginger
Ginger can be bought in different forms of varieties & they include;
- Dried roots
- Powdered Ginger
- Stem Ginger, which is made from fresh young roots that have been peeled, sliced & cooked in sugar syrup.
- Crystallised Ginger
- Pickled Ginger, which is made by slicing the root and pickling it in vinegar.
- Whole fresh roots.
The ginger root doesn’t provide much of vitamins or minerals but its full of antioxidants that help protect our cells from damage and prevent diseases.
10 Health Benefits of Ginger.
- Ginger has a long tradition of being very effective in alleviating discomfort and pains in the stomach. Its regarded as an excellent carminative. In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas & painful spasms with helps soothes digestive system. There’s and evidence that it helps.
- It reduces pain and inflammation, making it essential in managing headache, menstrual pains etc.
- It can help in healing irritated skin. Ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties help soothe red, irritated skin.
- Taking Ginger seems to reduce the symptoms of dizziness.
- Ginger is much of antioxidants, as well as the ability of ginger to regular several proteins, which are involved in the cell cycle, such as STAT3 helps it to reduce the rate of cancer.
- In cold or unfavorable weathers, taking in Ginger helps to keep the body warm.
- 30minutes to 2 hours eating of Ginger before traveling helps to counter motion sickness or else travel related nausea.
- Ginger helps in clotting factor activities thereby reducing blood lipid levels. It also helps to keep blood glucose in right level or normal.
- The healing properties of Ginger and the strong aroma help to reduce stress and tensions.
- Right eating of Ginger helps to boost the immune system.